Players from Canada can consider themselves lucky when it comes to online casino games. There are thousands of quality products available. Some of the best studios in the world are constantly adding more and the casinos are expanding their portfolios. In this article, we will take a look at the different types of games a Canadian player can enjoy:
Slot machines are the undisputed leader in online gambling. This is true for every place on earth and Canada is not an exception. The sheer number of slots available to local players is simply stunning. There are hundreds of them.
Strategy for slots
There are a couple of things you can do to improve your chance of actually winning at slots:
- Return to Player (RTP): this metric shows how much of the money placed on the slots come back to the players as rewards. Find the highest available to give yourself the best chance in the long run. Customers from Canada should easily find slots that return over 95%, sometimes the RTP could also reach over 96%;
- Promotions: get an extra edge with welcome bonuses, loyalty programs, free spins, and other promotions. It’s the only way to eliminate the house edge and be on the winning side. Fortunately, each Canadian player can easily find plenty of opportunities and always have a way to earn some additional value;
- Bankroll management: you should always be careful with your bankroll. Even if you are on the road to success, there will be some bumps here and there. This is why your target would be to lose just a fraction of your overall cash reserves when a bad streak hit. Don’t forget to include the slot volatility to your calculations too.
Types of slots
Let’s take a closer look at the different slot games Canadian players can pick from:
- Classic slots: they are simple and usually, only with 3 reels. A lot of people prefer them because it doesn’t take much effort to understand what’s going on;
- Video slots: this type of slot machines come with more vivid themes, a lot of animations, and a variety of side features;
- 3D slots: they are quite similar to video slots in terms of gameplay, but you will see some 3D graphics and animations;
- Themed slots: you will often find slots that are themed after a TV Show, rock band, or a movie that’s famous in Canada;
- Progressive jackpot: as the name suggests, these are the slots that could change your life in second if you get lucky. The prizes often reach millions.
Most popular games
There are so many slots popular in Canada that it’s a bit hard to pick just a few of them. Still, here are a couple of titles that have emerged as fan favorite through the years: Immortal Romance, Mega Moolah, Mega Joker, Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, South Park, Guns N’ Roses, Game of Thrones, Gladiator, Major Millions, and more.
Availability and promotions
The good news is that pretty much every casino that works with players from Canada offers all kinds of slots. You will hardly find an operator that has less than 100 which makes it easy to pick a suitable operator and enjoy your favorite titles.
Furthermore, slots are among the most heavily promoted and marketed games. They usually are part of all kinds of welcome bonuses, loyalty program, and other special deals. This creates many opportunities for Canadian players to find extra value.
Roulette has been around for ages and is one of the most popular casino games in Canada. You will find it in both land-based and online establishments.
Strategy for roulette
There are some things that could improve your chances to win significantly:
- Rules set: there are plenty of variations of the roulette and Canadian players should be able to gain access to most of them. There is a big difference in the house edge based on that. For example, you should always avoid American roulette and stick to European roulette. It would be even better if you can find French roulette;
- Systematic approach: don’t try all the possible betting markets, but simply focus on one in particular. Ideally, it would be among the even odds options or a combination of other bets. This will give you the chance to learn and improve;
- Bankroll management: luck plays a role in the short terms, make sure to be prepared to take any possible hits with a proper bankroll management. Never place wagers you can’t afford to lose.
Types of roulette
Let’s take a closer look at the most popular roulette variations available to customers from Canada:
- European roulette: the traditional roulette rules with only 1 zero on the board and a house edge of 2.70%;
- American roulette: in this version, there is a second zero that increases the house edge to 5.26%. Stay away from it;
- French roulette: this is the best roulette from the player’s perspective. Thanks to some additional rules, you can get the house edge down to 1.35% on the even odds markets. We would suggest you go for this option whenever you can.
Availability and promotions
With some rare exceptions, almost any online casino that accepts players from Canada includes roulette. The good news is most of them have at least European roulette available, so you will find a game with an acceptable house edge.
The situation is not ideal when it comes to promotions. A lot of casinos don’t include wagers on roulette as part of their welcome bonuses. Others will only count up to 10-20% of their value. This makes it a bit difficult to find good opportunities. Still, there are some special roulette promotions every now and then.
Another old-school casino game that has been around forever. What makes Blackjack popular is the low house and the simple rules. Still, the game has a strategy involved and this is exciting for plenty of Canadian players.
Strategy for Blackjack
Blackjack is one of the few casino games in which your actions during the play directly affect your chances of winning. Here are some tips that will help you:
- House edge: blackjack comes with a bunch of different variations and the house edge varies too. The rules sometimes give an additional advantage to the player, so it’s a good idea to stick to the best for you. Fortunately, most casinos that work with Canadians list the edge of each game. If that’s not the case, Google can certainly help;
- Decision making: there are plenty of tables out there that will show you the optimal play in Blackjack, Make sure to study them and this will significantly improve your chances;
- Bankroll management: you probably see a pattern here, but bankroll management is essential. It doesn’t matter what game you play and Blackjack is not an exception. Make sure to prepare a safety net that can handle the losing periods.
Types of Blackjack
The main rules are similar, but Blackjack does come in a couple of different variations. Here are the most popular of them available to Canadian players:
- European Blackjack: this is the variation popular in Europe. It allows you to double only on 9-11 and has a couple of other minor differences;
- Double exposure Blackjack: if you play this one, you will see both of the dealer’s cards instead on only one. It certainly helps you make a better decision and gives you an edge;
- Progressive Blackjack: as the name suggests, there’s a side bet here that goes directly in a progressive jackpot and you have the chance to win it.
Availability and promotions
The situation with Blackjack for Canadian players is pretty good. You will find at least a couple of variations of the game in pretty much any online casino out there. However, Blackjack is a bit limited when it comes to promotions.
Other Popular Games In Canada
The three types of games we already discussed are the most popular in Canada. However, there are other options out there worth discussing:
- Video poker: the low house edge and exciting gameplay make video poker machines quite attractive to the Canadian players. However, most casinos won’t provide any promotions because of the low margin;
- Scratch cards: a lot of people love scratchers, cause they are fun and you can win big. However, we don’t recommend them. The house edge is enormous compared to other casino games online;
- Keno and number games: similarly to scratch cards, there is some excitement and the opportunity to win a life-changing amount of money. It comes at the cost of one of the highest house edges possible;
- Other card and table games: stuff like baccarat, Casino Hold’em, and many other games also attract plenty of Canadian players. You will find them in a decent number of online casino, the house edge is usually alright, and there’s a lot of fun involved;
- Live casino games: technically, this includes mostly roulette, baccarat, and blackjack. However, since the games are with real dealers and streamed live, it’s a whole different category. If you are looking for a realistic experience, this is the closest thing you will get online.