Most people are used to traditional payment options such as credit cards and e-wallets when it comes to online gambling. However, the casinos are trying to make the life of Canadian players easier all the time. As a result, many new banking methods are implemented, allowing more customers to find a fast and suitable way to deposit money.
A typical example of this is Boku. The Pay-by-phone technology allows for fast deposits from your device. This is the reason many Canadians prefer opting for Boku. A lot of casinos are following the flow and have implemented this option.
More Information on Boku
Boku is pretty much where online casinos, players, and Canadian mobile carriers meet. The solution allows each player to use his mobile number and add funds to his account. At the end of the month, the deposit is added to the phone bill of the user.
The whole system is pretty simple really and there are two separate options, depending on your needs:
This Boku feature is designed mostly for one-time payments. Once you go to the Checkout, you will have to fill in your mobile number. Confirm your payment and the money will be in your account. At the end of the month, it will be added to your phone bill. The Boku Checkout option is available from all kinds of devices and is web-based.
If you want a more elegant solution that allows you to deposit frequently, without going through the Checkout steps each time, there’s the Boku Direct option. It’s designed to fit the needs of Canadian players using a mobile casino. You will receive an SMS to verify the transaction and then can proceed to deposit. The whole process is quick and reliable.
Pros of Using Boku
Each player from Canada that picks Boku can enjoy the following advantages of the system:
- No fees: Boku charges the casinos for the service, so the players can enjoy deposits with no fees whatsoever;
- Speed: the Pay-by-Phone payment solutions are among the fastest way to deposit to online casinos and Boku is among the best of them;
- Exceptional security: all transactions of Boku are bullet-proof and encrypted with the latest SSL technologies on the market. On top of that, you won’t be asked to add credit card details, bank account, or other similar information;
- Lots of casinos are offering it: plenty of online gambling operators that work with Canadian players have Boku listed as a banking option. This means you will easily find a reliable casino that suits your needs;
- Promotions: many casinos will not count deposits with certain payment options like Skrill or Neteller when it comes to bonuses and promotions. There’s no such risk involved if you use Boku.
Cons of Using Boku
There are certain negative sides if you decide to go for Boku. Let’s take a look at them:
- You can’t withdraw: the biggest problem is that you can use Boku only for deposits, as all other Pay-by-Phone options. This means you will have to use another option when you decide to withdraw your money;
- Deposit limits: if you are looking to deposit thousands of dollars from Canada, Boku is certainly not an option. It depends on your contract with the mobile carrier, but the option is designed mostly for fast micro transactions and the deposit limits are low;
How to Pick the Best Boku Casinos for Canadians?
There are more than enough online casinos out there who target Canadian customers and have implemented Boku. This gives you the luxury to be picky and it’s a good idea to take full advantage. Here are the aspects you consider when picking an online casino that works with Boku:
- License and regulation: this one is a must or you risk losing your money and personal information. You should always stick to casinos who have a legit gambling license issued by a respected authority;
- Variety of the games: the modern online casinos are not limited to the games of one studio, as it was 10 years ago. Most of them offer hundreds of quality products and you should certainly find one that accepts customers from Canada;
- Promotions and bonuses: if your online casino doesn’t give you juicy first deposit bonus and some kind of a loyalty program, it’s time to find a new place to play. Fortunately, most operators are desperate to attract new Canadian players and keep them;
- Mobile version: a lot of people love playing on the go, so a solid mobile version compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone is a must nowadays.
Boku is a very specific payment solution that is designed to allow each Canadian player to quickly deposit money without adding a lot of details and stuff. If that’s what you’re looking for, picking an online casino that supports Boku should be your top priority. Fortunately, there are plenty of them on the market.