The Pay-by-Phone technology is becoming more and more popular in the world of online gambling. A lot of players from Canada prefer this option when picking an online casino. As a result, plenty of operators that work with Canadians actually implement this option. In this article, we will share our thoughts on the technology and give you a good idea how to find the best Pay-by-phone casinos out there.
What Is Pay-by-Phone?
The name of the payment method is somewhat self-explanatory. The main idea is that you can actually make deposits using your smartphone. You basically send an SMS that is added to your phone bill instead of actually sending money to the casino. It’s a rather convenient way to fund your account if you are from Canada.
Naturally, you will have to register your phone number if you want to use this feature. This either happens directly from the casino website or through a third-party service that works with the gambling operator and your Canadian telecom.
If the latter happens, you shouldn’t worry. These companies have bulletproof security protocols, so there’s no risk of compromising your personal information.
There are reasons why lots of Canadian players go for the Pay-by-Phone option:
- Convenience: it’s fast and it’s easy. You can use your phone to fund your account at any given moment. Simply send an SMS and the money will be there in a heartbeat;
- Security: you don’t have to add your bank account data or credit/debit card to deposit which add an extra layer of security to the whole process for Canadian players;
- No fees: no customer from Canada will be charged any fees for depositing through the Pay-by-Phone option. If a casino wants to take more money from you, simply switch to a better one;
- Promotions: the online gambling operators sometimes limit deposits with e-wallets and prepaid cards when it comes to bonuses and promotions. There’s no such risk when you’re using the Pay-by-Phone method. All of the welcome bonuses and VIP deals will be available to every player from Canada;
- Freedom of choice: a solid number of casinos that work with Canadians accept Pay-by-Phone as a deposit option. This means you should be able to find a suitable operator rather easily.
Of course, the Pay-by-Phone approach is not perfect and has certain downsides. Let’s have a deeper look at them:
- No withdrawals: while you can fund your account, you can’t withdraw using Pay-by-Phone. This is certainly an issue, as you will have to add another provider that works with Canadians if you want to cash out your winnings;
- Lower deposit limits: if you are a high roller and would love to add a large amount of cash, Pay-by-Phone is probably not the best option on the market. It’s designed to rather accommodate Canadian players who intend to make smaller deposits.
What Are the Most Popular Pay-by-Phone Providers?
There are a couple of options if you are looking for casinos that accept Canadians and offer Pay-by-Phone. Let’s take a closer look at them:
- Boku: this is the most recognizable option and it’s fairly easy to use. You can buy all kind of stuff by adding your phone number. The provider will send you a message and you have to confirm your purchase. The same logic applies to online casino deposits;
- Zimpler: the company was limited to Europe mostly, but recently entered the Canadian market too. ZImpler works in a similar fashion and you will be required to confirm any transactions before it’s executed;
- Payforit: the app allows you to pay for goods and service, including casino deposits by adding the cash to your phone bill. It works with Canadians too.
Finding the Best Pay-by-Phone Casinos for Canadians
The good news is that plenty of casinos work with customers from Canada and have Pay-by-Phone. When picking an operator, the most important factors are:
- Regulation and safety: you want to stick to online casinos who have a solid license, as this guarantees the safety of your money and personal information;
- Games selection: the best casinos on the market offer hundreds of quality games developed by popular studios such as Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Evolution Gaming, and more;
- Promotions: every player from Canada should be able to easily find an online gambling operator with a solid welcome bonus and a rewarding VIP program;
- Mobile app: if you prefer playing on the go, there are plenty of casinos that have an exceptional mobile version compatible with the likes of iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
As you can see, there are many reasons for Canadian players to pick Pay-by-Phone. It’s easy, reliable, and accepted by a lot of online casinos. The future of the technology seems bright as more operators are choosing to add at least one Pay-by-Phone provider to its Cashier section.